Today's recipe is bread rolls. When I first came to make bread I thought it would be hard, however I found this recipe and it is foolproof. You can make them into rolls, a loaf or shapes.
300g strong bread flour
250ml warm water
3 tsp olive oil
1 sachet quick action dried yeast
1/4 tsp salt
Milk for glazing
Sesame seeds/poppy seeds (optional)
- Grease a baking tray or line a loaf tin.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the yeast and make a well in the centre of the mixture.
- Add the warm water and work into a dough. (If it doesn't come together, use more water but make sure it is still warm.)
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Cut into 8 and roll each piece into a circle shape and place on a baking tray.
- Leave to rise for 30 minutes-1 hour 30 minutes, depending on how much time you have.
- Brush with milk quite generously (add any toppings) and bake for 10-15 minutes or until they sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Place on the cooling rack and you are done!
I hope you enjoy these as they are super soft and super tasty. Check back Wednesday for a new post. Comment below what ideas you have for toppings.
Daydream girl xx